Bill Wells – 404-281-7490
Intelligent Transportation Society of Georgia Announces 2018 Best of ITS Awards and Scholarship Winners
ATLANTA (November 14, 2018) – The Intelligent Transportation Society of Georgia (ITS Georgia) today announced the winners of the 2018 Best of ITS Awards and the 2018 Wayne Shackelford ITS Engineering Scholars.
“Every year, ITS Georgia takes pride in recognizing the outstanding projects and organizations that make our state a leader in the development, deployment and operation of intelligent transportation systems. We also recognize hard-working volunteers who make ITS Georgia one of the top ITS Chapters in the country,” said Jenny Johnson, President of ITS Georgia. “We also recognize outstanding scholars who are pursuing advanced transportation technology studies at Georgia’s universities. Congratulations to all our winners.”
The 2018 Best of ITS Winners are:
• Larry R. Dreihaup Award – Georgia Department of Transportation – Northwest Corridor Express Lanes
• Innovation: Outside the Box Award – Georgia Department of Transportation Traffic Operations – Advanced Arterial Performance Metrics
• Project of Significance Award – Georgia Department of Transportation Traffic Operations – I-475 Smart Corridor
• Outstanding Private Member Organization Award – Applied Information, Inc. – Deployment of multiple ITS projects and socializing ITS technologies in Georgia
• President’s Award – Mike Holt, P.E. of WSP – For leading the planning and execution of the chapter’s role in the ITS5C Summit and planning the 2019 chapter annual meeting
For the 10th consecutive year, ITS Georgia is supporting student involvement in intelligent transportation engineering and sciences through the Wayne Shackelford ITS Engineering Scholarship Program. Mr. Shackelford was an early ITS visionary, co-founder of ITS Georgia and Georgia Department of Transportation Commissioner. Each winner receives a cash prize to support their education.
The 2018 Shackelford Scholars are:
• Kathryn Popp (Georgia Tech)
• Somdut Roy (Georgia Tech)
• Cibi Pranav (Georgia Tech)
• Hanyan Li (Georgia Tech)
• April Gadsby (Georgia Tech)
About ITS Georgia
The Intelligent Transportation Society of Georgia is a group of organizations that support Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) technology as a way to significantly reduce congestion and improve the performance, safety and efficiency of our transportation system. ITS Georgia provides a forum for advocacy, facilitation, integration, and for learning more about ITS. ITS Georgia members include federal, state and local transportation agencies, ITS technology and service providers, large private and commercial transportation system users, universities, and other interested parties with missions that involve, or are affected by, the transportation system. Visit www.itsga.org for more information.