Intelligent Transportation Society of Georgia Announces 2023 Best of ITS Awards Winners
ATLANTA (November 16, 2023) – The Intelligent Transportation Society of Georgia (ITS Georgia) today announced the winners of the 2023 Best of ITS Awards.
“Every year, ITS Georgia takes pride in recognizing the outstanding people, projects and organizations that make our state a leader in the development, deployment, and operation of intelligent transportation systems,” said Thomas J. Glueckert, President of ITS Georgia. “This year, we’re honored to be able to recognize the people and agencies who have contributed so much to our industry this past year. Congratulations to all our winners.”
The 2023 Best of ITS Award Winners are:
- 2023 Innovation: Outside the Construction Box Award – Presented To: Georgia Department of Transportation and Atlanta Regional Commission – Joint Agency Data Management Program
- 2023 ITS Small Project of Significance Award – Presented To: City of Johns Creek – ITS Network Enhancement Project
- 2023 ITS Large Project of Significance Award – Presented To: Gwinnett County Department of Transportation – Gwinnett County Smart Corridor Deployment Program
- 2023 Outstanding Member Agency Contribution Award – Presented To: KCI Technologies – ITSGa Annual Meeting Sponsor and Contributor
- 2023 Outstanding Individual Contribution Award – Presented To: Ken Keena of Gwinnett County Department of Transportation – Contributions: For exemplifying the attributes of a dedicated board member, being instrumental in ITSGA’s transition over the past couple of years, stepping up and leading the efforts to fill a void, and provide best service to our members through his leadership of your outstanding support for ITSGA’s ever-changing and expanding AV needs.
- 2023 Innovation: Best Use of Existing ITS Technologies Award – Presented To: Georgia Department of Transportation and AECOM – Technology: Performance Dashboard for ITS Devices
- 2023 Larry R. Dreihaup Award – Presented To: Keith Golden, P.E., of Arcadis – Contributions: For pioneering the deployment of ITS technologies and programs during his years of service with GDOT and in the consulting community, that established the state of Georgia as a national ITS leader.
- 2023 President’s Award – Presented To: Matt Glasser, P.E., of Arcadis – Contributions: For exemplifying the attributes of a dedicated board member, taking on multiple leadership roles throughout his years of service, supporting his fellow board members by participating in multiple committees, and leading efforts to update ITS Georgia’s bylaws.
About ITS Georgia
The Intelligent Transportation Society of Georgia is a group of organizations that support Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) technology. ITS supports these efforts as a way to significantly reduce congestion, improve the performance, safety, and efficiency of our transportation system. Furthermore, ITS Georgia provides a forum for advocacy, facilitation, integration, and for learning more about ITS. ITS Georgia members include federal, state, and local transportation agencies. Members also include ITS technology and service providers, large private and commercial transportation system users, universities, and other interested parties. All of which have missions that involve, or are affected by, the transportation system. Visit www.itsga.org for more information.